It is currently Tue 31 Mar 2020 10:07 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

USA General Information

H1 B Help

Please post here if your question isn't specific to any USA region. Eg, immigrations, taxes etc.

H1 B Help

Postby scotsdj » Tue 21 Apr 2009 02:38 GMT

I am having a bit of an issue at the moment. I have applied for my H1B visa on the 1st of April through my Lawyer. I am currently in the US on an I visa. I have not yet received an H1b receipt.

My problem lies in that I need to get my girlfriend over. We have been together for just over two years and want to both be in the USA, we have spent a lot of time apart and this is wearing very thin. She tried to get a B1 visa earlier this year and was refused for lack of ties to Ireland and today was refused for a visa waiver to travel over for the summer. My option as far as I am aware is to wait till my H1B is approved (June/July time according to lawyer)and then travel back to Ireland to Marry her.

My question is: Do I have to then wait in the UK till October 1st to travel back to the states on my H1B. Would doing this in anyway affect my H1B and is it pretty simple to get her over on an H4 once we are married?

Things have been really tough with all this time apart so I would appreciate any answers you guys could give that might help the situation.

B
Posted by:
scotsdj

Return to USA General Information