It is currently Mon 6 Apr 2020 06:20 GMT
Change font size

USA General Information

Any Brit expats in Hawaii (big island?)

Please post here if your question isn't specific to any USA region. Eg, immigrations, taxes etc.

Any Brit expats in Hawaii (big island?)

Postby elainerose » Mon 15 Feb 2010 21:34 GMT

Hi there - Ive recently moved to Hawaii Big Island (a year ago) after getting married. I do love it here but it is very different culturally & Im finding it hard to settle in & make friends. Doing all the normal stuff, looking at taking classes, volunteering etc (cant work as visa still being processed) but a friend suggest I try to find an expat group here .... not sure where to start. Any suggestions would be gratefully received! :)
Posted by:
elainerose

Postby mandgbrown » Sun 30 Dec 2012 20:44 GMT

Hi
We have just seen your request. We are both Brits living in Arizona for the last two years (originally from Leicestershire). We are visiting the Big Island end of January 2013, my wife has a final job interview. We are really keen to speak to someone who lives there to get a better idea - can you, or would you help.
Mike & Gina Brown
Posted by:
mandgbrown

Postby Graeme » Sun 30 Dec 2012 21:37 GMT

Hi Mike and Gina, welcome to the forum.
You might be lucky to get a reply as it's been a couple of years since elainerose posted. You might be better to hit the email tab under her name and send her a message directly. Let us know how you get on please.
By the way whereabouts in Arizona are you? There seems to be a large enclave of Brits in the Glendale/Scotsdale area.
Cheers
Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Return to USA General Information