It is currently Thu 2 Apr 2020 06:38 GMT
Change font size

USA General Information

Freight from UK to US

Please post here if your question isn't specific to any USA region. Eg, immigrations, taxes etc.

Freight from UK to US

Postby twinks » Mon 22 Feb 2010 12:52 GMT

Hi,

I am currently considering a move from Essex in the UK to east coast USA, and am wondering about whether it would be better to get a load of my house contents shipped over, or just start again and buy stuff when I get there.

Does anybody have any experience of this and any good companies in the UK that could do this for me?

I've had a look on the Internet for companies and there are quite a few advertised but its difficult to get a cost. I jsut want a ball park really.

I need to think whether to start fresh, ship over everything, or just be selective.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Twinks.
Posted by:
twinks

Postby Dave » Mon 22 Feb 2010 13:43 GMT

Hi, Twinks, and welcome.

We don't allow recommendations of specific companies - if we did, we'd be swamped by people trying to score a free advert for their own company. But hopefully someone will be able to give you the ballpark figure you're looking for, as well as advising you more generally on what's worth shipping and what you'd be better off buying new.

Good luck with it, anyway. :)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby twinks » Mon 22 Feb 2010 14:19 GMT

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Agreed... that was silly of me. We have exactly the same rules on our company forums :)

I've now had a look at your posting guidelines (something I had already agreed too) :oops: Apologies.

So yes please anyone, some general advice, or ball park figures would be much appreciated, or tell me a bit of your own experiences regarding this.

All the best to all,
Twinks.
Posted by:
twinks

Return to USA General Information