It is currently Tue 26 May 2020 21:20 GMT
Change font size

USA General Information

Currency Exchange

Please post here if your question isn't specific to any USA region. Eg, immigrations, taxes etc.

Currency Exchange

Postby Rachy » Mon 10 Dec 2012 13:30 GMT

Hi,

We're coming to New York next week and need to know if we're better off bringing Stirling and exchanging it when we get there, or if we should exchange before we leave UK. Best rate I can get is 1.57 if we buy before we get to US.

Many thanks for any help,

Rachel
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Rachy
Premium Member

Postby Graeme » Mon 10 Dec 2012 14:58 GMT

You'll get stung where ever you exchange, best bet though is to find a good rate in the UK and exchange there otherwise you'll be under some pressure to exchange in New York and may feel forced to take a worse rate. Just my 2 cents worth.
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Rachy » Mon 10 Dec 2012 15:28 GMT

Thanks Graeme, we actually live on Malta and never exchange Stirling in UK as we get a far better rate locally, which is why I asked, just in case the same applied there.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Rachy
Premium Member

Return to USA General Information