What was your flight like?

Flights, ferries, cruises...

What was your flight like?

Postby dusty » Sat 26 Apr 2008 11:12

Hi all,
I would just like to know how was your flight out to NZ?
Who did you fly with?
What class did you fly in?....or should that be....What class did you sit in?
What was your experience as a whole?
Did you fly non-stop?

We will not have a great deal of cash, but is there going to be a huge benefit by flying business class? It's such a long way and our teenagers have never been on a plane before. We would love to hear of your experiences and any comments.
We have a dog, so may have to go non-stop :roll:
dusty
Free member

Air New Zealand all the way!!!

Postby lady_porsche » Sat 10 May 2008 22:01

Hi Dusty,
We went out to NZ for a look-see in Dec/Jan 07/08 and flew Air New Zealand the entire trip.
I took my two children to Hong Kong Disneyland (if you've been to ANY other Disneyland don't bother going!!!), and then we flew on to Auckland to meet up with my husband. We flew economy class, which had enough space to be comfortable. If I had to do the same journey again I would pay for premium ecomony class. You get a bid more leg room etc.. And I would definately join the Airmiles membership, you get express check in, more luggage allowance, premium lounge and points towards discounts on other flights or hotels/car hire. The Air New Zealand crew were all fantastic apart from flying from NZ to Fiji. Just as well it was only a 3 1/2 hour flight. All other flights (12hrs +) went by so fast with good entertainment, great food (they even have around 23 special meals to cater for special diets or fussy eaters!). I can't recommend Air NZ enough!!! Check out expedia for a better deal than Air NZ's web-site. We flew from LHR>HKG>AKL>NAN>LAX>LHR with no delays and no real problems!
Best of luck! :D
Lady_Porsche
lady_porsche
Free member

Postby dusty » Sun 11 May 2008 07:54

Thanks for that lady porsche :D We also have to fly our dog over with us so I guess that will effect alot of our choices for us. But we had not even looked at premium economy class. Thanks again :D
dusty
Free member

Return to International Transportation