It is currently Mon 6 Apr 2020 10:05 GMT
Change font size

Photographers and Artists

Photos needed!

Looks like we have a few photographers and artists in our midst so here's a place to talk about all photography, art, and related subjects.

Postby Kay » Thu 3 Oct 2013 10:48 GMT

Hi Russ,

Many thanks. We'd be glad to have a look. We don't need high-res, just big enough to be seen on a web page. I expect we did have a link somewhere before but the easiest way to contact us would be via email.

tech At [this domain] .com

We'll give you a mention for any we publish and if you have a website you want to tell people about, we also give a link in the "about the author" box.

Looking forward to seeing them! :D
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby NaxxarNick » Thu 3 Oct 2013 11:12 GMT

Thank you for your quick reply Kay. I am afraid that this does not mean anything to me. (tech At [this domain] .com) sorry.

Russ
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
NaxxarNick
Free member

Postby Kay » Thu 3 Oct 2013 11:52 GMT

Russ,

Dave will send you a PM.

Basically, most people (including us) don't like to include our email addresses in public online because it often gets them picked up by those nasties who like to harvest them by using automated methods to gather lists of people's email addresses and then spam them. Plus they sell on the lists of addresses they've gathered to other spammers.

Therefore, it's very common these days to 'disguise' it by using AT instead of @ and also using clues such as "This domain" or "my name". Mostly real people can figure this out but it's unintelligible to the bots.

Mind you, the bots are becoming even more invasive these days. It used to be the case where a "contact us" form was enough to keep the wannabe spammers at bay. Now they've even figured how to get through them too. I'd estimate that these days 90% of stuff coming in by various contact forms is from spammers too.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Photographers and Artists