Montreal

This forum is for all the jumbled up info about Canada. We've asked that, on the info forums, you please post on the relevant forums, start new threads for new topics, and please keep on topic. Otherwise the info is too hard too find for those coming after, and the already overworked Mods end up having to repeatedly answer the same questions. (If your posting is locked in here, please feel free to post again in the appropriate place.)

Montreal

Postby SimonN » Tue 12 Aug 2008 08:47

Hi people, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on Montreal. I may have an opportunity to work there toward the end of the year and I will need to relocate my family from Germany.

None of my family speak French. This wont be a problem for work as I work in the aero industry and I have been reliably informed that the language of the office will be English. However, I am concerned that getting by with the day to day stuff may prove tricky. Some friends have told me that it is easy to get by with just English. Is this correct?

My kids are quite young and will need schooling/nursery. Are there many schools that are either bilingual or purely English?

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost of renting a 3/4 bed house in the suburbs? I don’t particularly want to live in the middle of town, but will need to be on an easily commutable route. Can you recommend a good letting agency/website and a good area to look at?

Not sure if this is the right place to post these questions, sorry.

Thanks
SimonN
Free member

Return to Canada - Jumble Sale