Kelowna, BC

Atlantic coast or Pacific coast? Prairies or cities? So many choices in a country of Canada's size... why not post here and discuss the options with others?

Kelowna, BC

Postby RNR » Wed 07 Mar 2012 03:26

I posted about this yesterday, but not sure where it's gone?!

Anyway, we have decided to move over to Kelowna from Windsor, On. We've come to the conclusion we dislike Windsor, not the whole of Canada, and seeing as our original plan was to live in Kelowna anyway, we should at least give it a try!

So we need to find a place to live. We have been there before, so know what it's like etc. We've looked on RentBC and Kijiji for houses, but due to the lack of decent photos and info on the adverts, we are a bit reluctanat to commit to renting somewhere we haven't seen in person.

Do any of you Kelownians know of a [details removed - explanation below]?

Looking to move withing the next few weeks if possible!!
RNR
Free member

Postby Graeme » Wed 07 Mar 2012 05:46

Try castanet.net they have many adverts for rentals, caveat emptor though as there have been many instances of renters being ripped off by shysters who pass themselves off as landlords take the deposit and run. It's best to either have a trusty friend find you somewhere or come out and stay in a cheapo hotel for a week or two while you look.
Your posting does look like an advert itself (property wanted advert) which is why it was dumped. Seeing as how you are persistent I hope Dave will allow this one to stick around. I already posted on the one left in the spam dump, but you are not likely to see that reply. Good luck with your search.
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Wed 07 Mar 2012 18:13

RNR, I've edited your post because with so much detail, it's essentially a "Property wanted" advert. As the guidelines make clear, adverts belong on the appropriate boards and have to be paid for.

Graeme's general advice is useful, welcome and in the spirit of the board. :-) Others please take note that as a Site Admin he gets to point people in the direction of other websites. The same will probably not be true for other members, with the exceptions laid down in the guidelines.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Choosing where to live