Importing Pet Boa

Here's the place to talk about issues relating to family and pets, such as coping with children or bringing your dog to India.

Importing Pet Boa

Postby David A » Mon 26 Oct 2009 14:23

I have recently moved to New Delhi and wish to import my pet Boa. My question is there a supplier of safe dead rats in the area. That is healthy rats bread in captivity for pet food?

Yes odd question i know but quite important if shes gonna eat!

Thanks

Dave
David A
Free member

Postby Dave » Mon 26 Oct 2009 16:35

I see your point! :shock:

The first thing that sprang to Kay's and my minds was: will the Indian authorities let you import your pet boa? Without wanting to cast gloom over proceedings, I can imagine the bureaucracy for that being pretty complicated, though probably not insurmountable with bucketfuls of patience.

I don't have an answer to your direct question about rats bred specifically for pet food. Delhi's a big city and quite cosmopolitan, so there's a fair chance that there will be a supplier somewhere - it's a question of how you track them down. And then how you make sure that they're reputable - the chances are that for every breeder of healthy rats, you'll find several who are a bit less scrupulous.

If you can find someone who already keeps a pet snake large enough to eat rats, then either your problem's solved, or you'll be able to share the burden of tracking down the reputable supplier you need.

Good luck, anyway. :)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Dave
Site Admin

Postby David A » Tue 27 Oct 2009 11:13

With certificates of ownership and fitness to travel as issued by DEFRA and microchipping there shouldn't be a problem but.........!
David A
Free member

Return to Family and pets