Greece is widely – and justly – regarded as the cradle of European civilisation. How much do you know about its culture and history? Find out by pitting yourself against these five questions, set for us by Theodore Koukouvitis. Thanks, Theo!
- How many letters does the Greek alphabet have?
- What unit of measurement was an “olympiad” in ancient Greece?
- Which one of the following was not an ancient Greek philosopher: Aristotle, Heraclitus, Pericles, Plato, Xenophanes, Zeno?
- In Greek mythology, who was the mother of Hercules?
- What is the second most prominent ethnic group in Greece?