It has the world’s oldest surviving parliament, despite losing its sovereignty for nearly 700 years. It straddles the divergent boundary between the North American and Eurasian continental plates, making it the most geologically active country in Europe. It produces more electricity per capita than any other country on Earth. But what else do you know about Iceland?
- Who or what is the Mannanafnanefnd and what is its purpose?
- Historically, who or what were thralls?
- What is Iceland’s largest airport in terms of international passenger transport?
- The largest minority group of people in Iceland come from which country?
- What signature product of Iceland is nicknamed “Black Death”?