Paraguay takes its name from the river that flows centrally through the country. It’s one of just two landlocked countries in the Americas alongside its larger neighbour, Bolivia. What else do you know about it?
- Paraguay’s national flag has a particular design feature that (as of 2018) is unique for a national flag. What?
- The War of the Triple Alliance, fought between 1864 and 1870, saw Paraguay fight and lose against three of its neighbours. Which countries formed the Alliance?
- Paraguay falls into two distinct halves geographically, East and West. Western Paraguay is also known as the Chaco. How does chaco translate into English?
- As of 2018, which commodity accounted for nearly half of Paraguay’s exports?
- Most Paraguayans speak both of the country’s official languages. One is Spanish. What is the other?