This quiz has a Peruvian theme – meaning that it’s not strictly about the country, but all the questions have a connection (however tenuous) with Peru. Have a go, and do let us know how you get on.
(Coincidentally, we recently chose to feature Machu Picchu as our featured pic earlier this year.)
- After travelling from Darkest Peru a fictional, young Peruvian bear was found at Paddington Station by the kindly Brown family, who offered the lost bear a temporary haven. Who was the creator of the character?
For a bonus point, who was the voice of Paddington Bear in the 2014 film?
- In Inca belief, where was the birthplace of the sun god?
- What is the currency of Peru?
- Known as an ambassador of Peruvian food and arts, this acclaimed chef, cookbook author, restaurateur – and more – founded the Ceviche Soho, the UK’s first restaurant of its kind. He later published the highly acclaimed Ceviche: Peruvian Kitchen, which won the Sunday Times Cookbook of the Year in 2013, among other awards. Who is he?
- In Peru, friends and family traditionally give each other gifts of [BLANK] underpants on New Year’s Eve. What word completes the sentence?