St Andrew is, of course, the patron saint of Scotland, and his feast day of 30 November is an occasion for celebration by Scots worldwide. Here’s five questions connected with the saint in one way or another.
- What is the meaning of the name Andrew?
- Which other country celebrates St Andrew’s feast day as its national day?
- St Andrews in Fife is the home of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, regarded as the “Home of Golf”. How many courses does the club own?
- The flag of Scotland famously bears a white saltire (St Andrew’s Cross) on a blue field. The same flag with the colours reversed is the ensign of which country’s navy?
- Which English professional football club plays at St Andrew’s?