Everyone loves cake, don’t they? Here’s five questions all about them!
- What fruit-and-marzipan cake, linked with Easter, shares its name with a pretender to the English throne?
- Unlike most cakes, Pontefract cakes aren’t made from flour and eggs. So what are they made of?
- McVities went to a tribunal in 1991 to ensure that VAT would not be payable on Jaffa Cakes. Are Jaffa Cakes cakes or biscuits?
- Which cake is traditionally supposed to have been invented because Mary, Queen of Scots didn’t like cherries?
- Which The Apprentice candidate explained in 2008 that “people in a size 16 and 32 dress are size 16 and 32 for a reason. They love cake”?