- Which instrument has been described as “that ill woodwind that no-one blows good”?
- What was escapologist Harry Houdini’s real name?
- Which is heavier – an ounce of lead or an ounce of gold?
An ounce of gold. (Gold is weighed using the Troy ounce of 480 grains; lead is weighed with the standard avoirdupois ounce of 437½ grains.)
- Of which country is Kingstown the capital?
St Vincent and the Grenadines.
- What was Issur Danielovich Demsky better known as?
- Which is heavier – a pound of lead or a pound of gold?
A pound of lead. (The Troy pound only has 12 ounces; the pound avoirdupois has 16.)
- Who was the longest-reigning king in British history?
George III (1760-1820).
- Why did the Siamese twins move from Britain to France?
So that the other one could drive.
- What is the only village in the United Kingdom with an exclamation mark after its name?
Westward Ho! in Devon.
- What does the Highway Code give as the minimum stopping distance (in feet) at 50mph?
- What is the tallest mountain in the Americas?
Mount Aconcagua, at 6,960m/22,834ft.
- What was the Spruce Goose?
A massive seaplane conceived by eccentric multimillionaire Howard Hughes. It flew only once.
How well did you do? Why not post a comment and tell us?