London’s many bridges have a fascinating history. How much do you know about them? Try our fun quiz and find out!
- In 1909 The Times described it as follows: “It looks like a monstrous Gothic toy that ought to be one of the side-shows of an exhibition.” Which London bridge were they referring to?
- Which London bridge was nicknamed “the Ladies Bridge” and why?
- Charles Dickens considered which bridge as being “on the whole, the ugliest ever built”?
- Which bridge became the first Thames bridge to be lit when oil lamps were installed in 1799?
- Edward, Prince of Wales opened three London bridges within an hour on 3 July 1933. Twickenham Bridge at 5.00pm and Hampton Court Bridge at 5.30pm were the later two; at 4.30pm, which was the first?