How much do you know about the wine business? This month’s quiz (quite difficult, we think) tests your knowledge of the world of wine without a drop passing your lips, although you might enjoy a drink after taking the test!
- Several Californian sellers of cheap wine were in the news recently over a class action suit claiming that they contain up to five times the amount permitted by law of which toxin?
- Which country was the world’s biggest exporter of wine in 2014?
And for a bonus point, which country was the biggest importer of these wines, often bottling them and selling them as their own?
- Wines which display a certain tasting profile are sometimes called “polo wines” by Australians. What is the conventional term for such wines?
- In 2012 Rudy Kurniawan achieved notoriety as the perpetrator of the biggest wine hoax in history. It involved counterfeiting one of the world’s most famous wines. Which?
- In the last week of April 2015, The Drinks Business reported that Waitrose sales of a certain country’s wine were up by a massive 95% in 2014 compared to the previous year. Which country?