News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!
Sport and games
- Who won the 2006 Isle of Man Tourist Trophy (Superbike category)?
- Which footballer, after being transferred to an Italian club, said he found it difficult to settle because it was “just like a foreign country”?
- What are the names of the British mixed doubles badminton pair that won bronze at the Sydney Olympics?
- Which former England rugby union captain bragged about snorting cocaine – then claimed afterwards he had been lying?
- Which equestrian sport must be played right-handed?
Music, art and literature
- “Who’s the black private dick that’s a sex machine to all the chicks?”
- Whose Arrangement in Grey and Black No. 1 is much more famous under another name?
- “Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, ……..” What is the next word in Shakespeare’s Hamlet?
- “A school of Victorian artists, often painting literary or historical subjects, generally in a highly sentimental style.” Name the group.
- Which performer once recorded the Beach Boys’ “I Can Hear Music” under the name Larry Lurex?
History and current affairs
- Who was the first woman to win a seat in the House of Commons?
- After which Italian explorer is America named?
- A “chad” in the US Presidential election is a piece of paper punched out of the ballot slip. What was it in wartime Britain?
- Which member of the shadow Cabinet denied at the end of November 2000 that he was about to quit politics?
- Who admitted in court in November 2000 that he had spent £290,000 on flowers in 18 months?
Around the world
- Which international airport has the code DXB?
- What plant gives tequila its flavour?
- In 1958 the USS Nautilus made a famous journey. Where?
- What is the northernmost point of the British Isles?
- How was the length of the metre originally defined?