Brrr! It’s winter in the northern hemisphere and you probably don’t want to go out without a coat. But how much do you know about coats? Try our quiz and find out.
- The trench coat was originally deployed in the trenches in the First World War. What style of coat did it substitute for, and why?
- The Hindi word khaki means what? And why was this relevant to coat design?
- What type of coat did Shylock wear in Shakespeare’s Merchant of Venice?
- Which two well-known firms claim that they designed the basic format of the trench coat?
- In what era was the justacorps type of coat commonly worn?