To mark the occasion of Queen Beatrix’s last Koninginnedag (Queen’s Day) and the investiture of her son as King Willem-Alexander on 30 April 2013, we thought it only fitting to have five questions about the Netherlands.
- How many working windmills are there in the Netherlands?
- When he ascended the throne, King Willem-Alexander became the first King of the Netherlands in how many years?
- As its name implies, the Netherlands is geographically low-lying. How much of its territory lies below sea level?
- What are the three main islands of the Caribbean Netherlands?
- Which Dutch artist is famous for his lithographs and woodcuts such as House of Stairs, Waterfall and Belvedere?