1. English league clubs with the letter “x” in the name:
Crewe Alexandra, Exeter City and (alas, no more) Halifax Town, Oxford United and Wrexham.
2. 31 England players with four-letter surnames have been capped since 1966:
Alan Ball, Michael Ball, Colin Bell, Darren Bent, Steve Bull, Nicky Butt, Andy Cole, Ashley Cole, Carlton Cole, Joe Cole, David Dunn, Kieron Dyer, Andy Gray, Michael Gray, Joe Hart, Gordon Hill, Ricky Hill, Roger Hunt, Steve Hunt, Paul Ince, Brian Kidd, Ledley King, Phil Neal, David Nish, Michael Owen, Peter Reid, Colin Todd, Peter Ward, David Webb, Neil Webb, Dennis Wise
3. Twenty-one different last names of English league clubs:
Albion, Alexandra, Argyle, Athletic, City, County, Dons (bah!), End, Forest, Hotspur, Orient, Palace, Rangers, Rovers, Stanley, Town, United, Vale, Villa, Wanderers, Wednesday.
4. Seventeen different last names of Scottish league clubs:
Academical, Albion, Athletic, City, County, Fife, Johnstone, Midlothian, Mirren, Morton, Park, Rangers, Rovers, South, Stirlingshire, Thistle, United.
5. Four clubs from England and five from Scotland beginning and ending with the same letter:
England: Aston Villa, Charlton Athletic, Liverpool, Northampton Town.
Scotland: Celtic, Dundee United, East Fife, East Stirlingshire, Kilmarnock.
6. Clubs from English and Scottish leagues with the same number of letters in the first and last words:
England: Aston Villa, Burton Albion, Charlton Athletic, Hull City, Leyton Orient, Port Vale, Sheffield Wednesday.
Scotland: Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Dundee United, East Fife, Partick Thistle, Queen of the South.
How did you get on? Why not post a comment and tell us?