We gave you five questions about Greek culture and history, set by Theodore Koukouvitis. Here are the answers:
- How many letters does the Greek alphabet have?
It has 24 letters: 17 consonants and seven vowels.
- What unit of measurement was an “olympiad” in ancient Greece?
An olympiad marked the time between Olympic Games, or a four-year period.
- Which one of the following was not an ancient Greek philosopher: Aristotle, Heraclitus, Pericles, Plato, Xenophanes, Zeno?
Pericles might have been a powerful general and influential politician, but he was not a philosopher!
- In Greek mythology, who was the mother of Hercules?
The mortal Alcmene, who was seduced by Zeus.
- What is the second most prominent ethnic group in Greece?
Albanian people make up a whopping 4% of the current population in Greece!
How did you get on? Why not let us know?