We asked you five quick trivia questions about France. Here are the answers:
- Which geometrical shape does metropolitan France resemble?
A hexagon – the French even nickname it l’Hexagone.
- The borders of modern France are approximately the same as those of ancient… what?
The Celtic realm of Gaul (Gallia in Latin).
- On what date was the storming of the Bastille?
14 July 1789. Its political significance was symbolic rather than practical; there were only seven prisoners at the time, and four of those were convicted forgers.
- In what year was Disneyland Paris opened?
1992. There are actually two parks: the Walt Disney Studios Park (which opened in March) and the Disneyland Park (April).
- Roquefort cheese is made with milk from which animals?
Sheep. Only cheeses aged in the natural Combalou caves of Roquefort-sur-Soulzon may bear the name.
How did you get on? Why not let us know?