Five general knowledge questions 2 – Quick Quiz
Published: 13 November 2016
Just for a change, the subject for this month’s quiz is pot luck. Depending on how general, or otherwise, your knowledge is you’ll find it fiendishly difficult or an easy ride. Either way, we hope it makes you smile and you might even learn something new.
- Which English monarch’s motto was Semper eadem (“Always the same”)?
- Here are two groups of words. Your job is to match the words in Group A with the descriptions in Group B.
- part of a military uniform or ladies’ fashion item (historical)
- ewes’ milk cheese
- powdered green tea
- jawless fish
- The plant cirsium vulgare is a national emblem of which country?
- In which country is the world’s longest railway platform? A bonus point if you can name the city.
- Full Throttle, Dr Wham, Bawls and Minute Maid are all brand names of what type of consumer product?
Kay has been an expat for 25 years. She set up the British Expat website more than 15 years ago, whilst living in London and missing the expat life. These days she spends much of her time lugging computers and cameras around the world. (Dave gets to deal with all the really heavy stuff.)