Just for a change, the subject for this month’s quiz is pot luck. Depending on how general, or otherwise, your knowledge is you’ll find it fiendishly difficult or an easy ride. Either way, we hope it makes you smile and you might even learn something new.
- Which English monarch’s motto was Semper eadem (“Always the same”)?
- Here are two groups of words. Your job is to match the words in Group A with the descriptions in Group B.
- part of a military uniform or ladies’ fashion item (historical)
- ewes’ milk cheese
- powdered green tea
- jawless fish
- The plant cirsium vulgare is a national emblem of which country?
- In which country is the world’s longest railway platform? A bonus point if you can name the city.
- Full Throttle, Dr Wham, Bawls and Minute Maid are all brand names of what type of consumer product?