The picturesque town of Kendal is the gateway to the Lake District, which is the largest National Park in England & Wales and contains all of England’s mountains over 3,000 feet. But how much more do you know about this beautiful region? Try these teasers and let us know!
- How many lakes are there in the Lake District?
- Which Kendal resident wrote a number of famous walking guides to the area?
- William Wordsworth’s poem “I wandered lonely as a cloud” is also known by what name?
- Why did Kendal mint cake achieve greater recognition in 1953?
- What is the name of the place near Kendal that gave John Cunliffe the inspiration behind the fictional valley of Greendale in Postman Pat?
(Questions courtesy of Kendal Holiday Cottages)