None of your nasty fizzy yellow pasteurised stuff here – we’re talking proper top-fermented ale, conditioned in the cask or bottle. Are you a serious drinker? Answer our questions and find out!
- Which of the following varietal names is the odd one out: Challenger, Fuggles, Goldings, Optic, Phoenix?
- As of 2013, which is Britain’s most northerly brewery?
- Which style of ale, Britain’s most popular in the early 1960s, suffered a catastrophic decline and accounted for only 1.2% of beer sales in pubs by 2002?
- Alloa-based brewers Williams Bros produce an ale called Fraoch that’s based on a 4,000-year-old Gaelic recipe. What does fraoch mean in English?
- Which company is the world’s largest producer of cask ale?