A trip to the barber’s may be a tedious chore to some, an opportunity for a bit of male grooming to others. Here’s five questions about barbers, anyway. (Something for the weekend, perhaps?)
- In the barbers’ traditional red-and-white spiral striped pole, what are the colours white and red generally considered to represent?
- Who wrote a 1979 musical called Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street?
- How might a barber find a use for the birch bracket fungus (Piptoporus betulinus)?
- In which British city would you find the Barber Institute of Fine Arts?
- Glynis Barber formed half of 1980s TV detective partnership Dempsey and Makepeace. Where was she born?