2014 is a big year for Brazil – the World Cup’s being held there from 12 June to 13 July. But how much else do you know about the country? Take our Quick Quiz and find out!
- Brazil’s so big it even shares a border with a European Union member state! Which one?
- Brazil’s top-selling beer is the international brand Skol. Where was it first brewed?
- What are castanhas do Pará (“Pará chestnuts”) better known as to English-speakers?
- England crashed out of the 1950 FIFA World Cup after suffering a shock 1-0 defeat to the USA. In which Brazilian city?
- An early Sixties bossa nova hit written by Antônio Carlos Jobim with original Portuguese lyrics by Vinicius de Moraes, re-recorded in English by Astrud Gilberto in 1964, is possibly the second most recorded pop song in history. Can you name it?