We’ve returned to the UK temporarily on Dave’s employer’s advice. But it’s not all bad news as we’re staying in Kent. Here are five questions to celebrate this beautiful English county.
- Kent’s motto is Invicta, the Latin for “undefeated”. Whose invading forces failed to conquer Kent?
- What inedible bakery product is linked with the names Eliza and Mary Chulkhurst?
- Britain’s oldest brewery is based in Kent. What is its name? For a bonus point, in which town is it? For another, in what year was it founded?
- Which 19th-century author, born in Portsmouth, spent his childhood and later life around the Medway Towns?
- What’s the difference between a Kentish Man/Maid and a Man/Maid of Kent?