We’ve had lots of new articles from and about Thailand recently, so we thought we’d continue the theme with a quiz too. This month’s Quick Quiz is to see how much you know about the Land of Smiles. Those of you who live (or have lived there) might find some of it quite easy, but while the old Asia hands are smug in their glory, we hope it’ll also be of interest for those who’ve never yet visited.
- The Thai calendar is based on the Eastern version of the Buddhist Era (BE). How many years ahead of the Gregorian (Western) calendar is it?
- King Bhumibol Adulyadej, also known as Rama IX, is the ninth monarch of which dynasty?
- The number 555 often appears in online comments in Thai or about Thailand, particularly in social media. What does it mean in that context?
- Which body took over the government of Thailand after a coup d’état in May 2014?
- Thailand declared war on the UK and US on 25 January 1942. Why did the US not consider itself at war with Thailand?