- By what name, after a Surrey town, do we know hydrated magnesium sulphate?
- Who was the first footballer to be knighted?
- Which US president immortalised the phrase, “If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen”?
- Which country is the only one in the world with a single-coloured flag?
Libya. (It’s plain green.)
- How did George Harrison attempt to defend himself against an intruder at his home in December 1999?
By chanting “Hare Krishna” at him.
- What minimum size of crowd could be ordered to disperse under the 1715 Riot Act?
- Why is Na the chemical symbol for sodium?
The symbols are given according to the elements’ Latin names, where these exist – sodium is called Natrium in Latin.
- Albania has a museum devoted to which British actor?
Sir Norman Wisdom.
- What colour jacket does the No.4 dog wear in greyhound racing in Great Britain?
- What is a corrie?
In Scotland, a circular hollow on a mountainside.
- Which country is five and three-quarter hours ahead of GMT?
- Which Second World War aircraft was affectionately known as the “Wooden Wonder”?
The de Havilland Mosquito.
How did you do? Why not comment and let us know?