- Where in the world would you find the city of Chennai?
In India (it used to be known as Madras).
- What type of weather is especially associated with the cumulonimbus cloud?
Thunderstorms. (Cumulonimbus are the tall ones with the distinctive “anvil” shape.)
- Who said of the 1919 Treaty of Versailles, “This is not peace. It is an armistice for twenty years”?
Marshal Foch of France, Commander-in-Chief of the Allied forces. Sure enough, in 1939…
- One measure vodka; one measure Galliano; orange juice. Makes what well-known cocktail?
- How many weeks in total did the South Pacific soundtrack spend at No.1 in the UK album charts? (Plus or minus 5?)
- In which country was the wheelbarrow invented?
- How many acres are there in a square mile?
- In Tarzan, The Ape Man, what is Jane’s surname?
- Wigan Athletic were the last team to be elected to the Football League before automatic promotion to and relegation from the bottom division was introduced. Which team did they replace?
- Which weapon did the British Army abolish in 1927?
How did you get on? Why not let us know below?