Created in 1947 as part of the Partition of British India, Pakistan is the world’s only country to have been specifically created as a Muslim homeland and the Muslim world’s only nuclear power. It’s also the ancestral origin of nearly two per cent of the UK’s population. But how much do you know about it?
- The name “Pakistan” was coined as an acronym of five predominantly Muslim provinces of British India. But it also has a meaning in Urdu. What?
- Which city was Pakistan’s capital immediately before Islamabad acquired that status?
- As of 2018, Pakistan have won the World Cup in which sport a record four times?
- What world first did late politician Benazir Bhutto achieve in 1990?
- What significant contribution has the town of Sialkot in north-east Punjab made to the 2018 FIFA World Cup?